Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Working Arms in a Spin Class + 5K

Ha Jenny, I figured this was easier...and in case anyone else was interested :-) Spinning classes are primarily cardio and legs....HOWEVER....when you pedal and do jumping jacks with your arms, bicep curls, tricep extensions, arm circles, etc...you then get an arm workout :-)

On another note....would anyone else be interested in working up to running the Midnight Flight on Labor Day weekend with me? (I can hear you all saying...I don't run! Let me tell you...neither do I!) It's on the Friday night of the weekend....there is a 1 mile that starts at 9:15pm, a 5K that starts at 10pm, and a 10K that starts at 11pm.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

hahahaha good one Beth! ;) I would be good at walking 1/2 the
5K. I need to get a few things straight with my health first. I asked this on the other post but, do you know anything about procrit injections with CKD and anemia? I thought maybe you have come across this in intensive care. Thanks.

Beth said...

Hey Vicky! I just know we usually give procrit to dialysis patients and patient with CKD. Those patients typically are anemic and procrit helps the body produce the proteins needed to make red blood cells....therefore helping with the anemia and associated fatigue.

Vicky said...

Does it sting? I know some of the people in Intensive Care are awake and alert. Do they say anything about it? Unfortunately, I have been told it is not fun to get. I have to start taking procrit injections because of my CKD tomorrow. I am such a baby and very nervous. Any tricks to make it not so bad? Thanks!

Beth said...

I've never had anyone tell me that it stung...just pinch up a fatty piece of skin and hold it tight. I dont know what makes it not fun to get....

Vicky said...

LOL...well I have plenty of fatty skin to pinch. Thanks!

Jenny said...

Oh Vicky! :-)

I don't think I can do 5K anymore. The last time I ran 3 miles was in high school, and it was hard then (and I was 20 lbs lighter)! The mile would even be a stretch. I'm trying to remember the last time I even ran a few steps...

It sounds like spin class would kick my butt! Do they have a drill sergeant lead it? (The last time I had to do exercise that horrible was in ROTC.)