Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Good Recipe (WW friendly)

A friend sent this to me last night so of course I tried it for dinner. It was yummy (and pretty filling too!)

Corn & Salsa Chicken Packets

POINTS® value | 6
Servings | 4

Ingredients
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, 4 breast halves, about a pound total
1 cup salsa, chunky
15 oz canned yellow corn
1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions

Also need 4 sheets (12-18 inches ea) Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
Preheat oven to 450.
Center on chicken breast half on each sheet of foil. Spoon salsa over chicken. Top with corn.
Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make 4 packets.
Bake 18-22 minutes on a cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with cheese before serving.


(OK and even though I'm new to posting to this board, I'm gonna kick you all in the booty....the last person to post a post was Jenny....a week ago! Tsk tsk tsk) :-)

2 comments:

Vicky said...

My hubs would like this recipe. I anm not a huge fan of corn...but I will try it anyways! :) Thanks for the recipe.

PS- the procrit wasn't too bad! It felt like a fireant bit me for about 10 minutes. :)

Chat with Kathleen said...

Sounds like an easy meal that I need to try. We all love the ingredients. I especially love anything with chicken and Mexican style food. Need to go food shopping. A side salad might go well with this, too.