Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lazy..Bones




I haven't posted for a while, because really I haven't been trying to lose weight. My first focus was to quit smoking and I've done that, so now I need to get my butt in gear and start walking. It's so easy though, when I get off work, it's still hot, and I can convince myself it's too hot to walk. But for my health and future well-being I need to start. We really need to start a walking club or something.


By the way, today marks a month and a half smoke free. Go me....hey that rhymed!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on quitting smoking! How long has it been now? 3 weeks, a month? I remember seeing a while back something about 2 weeks. You're right, it's important to focus on one of your vices at a time...now that you have smoking out of the way you can move on.

There's a lovely little walking trail that wraps the health campus :-) I don't know where you live Kelly...but if anyone was interested I'd be interested in getting together once or twice a week to go walking (if for nothing else but adult conversation!)

Jenny said...

I'd love to go walking too but I'm not sure when y'all would be able to get together. It'd be nice if I could bring Suzi because otherwise it lengthens the time my mom and dad have to keep her. And I miss my little girl when I'm at work!

Vicky said...

:) I may be able to work something out with hubs one night a week. He'll have to watch the boys...we would be running instead of walking if I brought them right now at their ages. LOL

I am soooooooooooooo proud of you not smoking. You have no idea!