Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My First Post

(Let me preface this by saying that I'm not very good at telling a story so I promise this will be choppy and I will probably leave things out but you'll get the idea!)

Hi! Some of you know that I've been lurking and comment occasionally. I had my own weight loss blog but I'm not good at keeping up with it...so.....here I am!

I am Beth and I live in Pendleton. I'm a nurse in the intensive care at AnMed. Let's see....I've been married to my husband for 5 years now and we met at Clemson in Tiger Band. We have a beautiful little girl named Elaina and she is almost 16 months old. I think that's all the info on me!

December 2001:
I guess I should start this blog with my story. I was always a small child until I hit the 4th grade. I guess it's called puberty :-P My brother was the same way. Once I hit 4th grade I gained a lot of weight. I remember being in 5th grade and weighing in the mid-160's. For that age when you haven't finished growing upward....I was the largest girl in my class.

From then on I had a self-esteem problem from my weight. It just seemed to climb from there. In high school I was in the 190's at one point. I always wore boy clothes...because as everyone thinks....big clothes cover up the weight right? Wrong. I had the ugliest prom dresses....it was just bad! Long story short....I was always the largest of my friends...in fact they were all tiny and I was big.I went to Clemson in the fall of 1999 and actually LOST weight. None of my good friends went there and I didn't like to eat alone so when I did go eat I ate a plate fast and left. Eventually I made friends in the band but the food there was never really good so I didn't overeat. I think I ended up in the 170-180 range but several sizes smaller than previously. In high school I wore a 16-18....at the end of my freshman year I could wear a 14 easily.

May 2002?:

The next few years my weight teetered.....with getting an apartment and not eating on campus I went back to my bad eating ways (although no nearly as bad b/c I had to cook my own food!)

May 2003:

When I got pregnant in the spring of 2006 I had just started to really lose weight and was 169. I used pregnancy as an excuse to eat anything I wanted to. The morning I went into the hospital to be induced I was 218.5.

January 2007:
After having Elaina I was in the 180's for a while and the weight came off slowly. I had kept my gym membership the entire time I was pregnant (even though I didn't use it) and finally went back for good at the end of July of last year. I began working with a personal trainer once a week in August and had a starting weight of 174.

2 months went by and my weight stayed steady at 174 (the clothes sizes started going down b/c the building of muscle but the weight wouldn't budge). At the start of November I started doing weight watchers again on my own. The next few months I lost a total of 20 lbs.

Here lately I've had trouble staying on plan....the exercise part is easy for me but the eating gets me. I'm here to keep accountable and hope I can give you guys as much support and I know you'll give me. (and I can always use a good kick in the butt....so kick away!)

Here's one of the most recent pics I could find:

6 comments:

Jenny said...

You have done so great! How much more do you want to lose? I want to get about 5 more pounds off, and then I just want to maintain it. Do you go to the Life Choice gym?

Beth said...

Jenny, I'm actually back up to around 162 so to get to my original goal I still have 20 lbs to lose. Although I'd be happy losing 10 and finishing toning up. I bought a whole new wardrobe and would just be able to fit comfortably in them! :-)

Beth said...

Sorry...forgot...and I go to Gold's Gym out on 28 bypass (I used to go to Ladies First Fitness but they merged with Golds)

Anonymous said...

Welcome "officially" Beth! Keep your head up and you'll get there!

Vicky said...

Hooray! I keep going to your other blog and noticed that it had been awhile since you posted. I would have never knew that you had a weight problem when you were younger. You look great! We can keep each other in line...I also have a weakness for food that isn't so good for you.
BTW- the intensive care nurses are awesome! My grandma that passed away last year was in intensive care for over a month in Nov. 06. I was impressed by most of them.

Vicky said...

Oops....I should have said "I would have never KNOWN that you at a weight problem...." I am tired....and my grammar (grammer) and spelling stink!!!! LOL