Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday!

Yuck! I gained 1.4 pounds just in the past day, but I think it is time for george to come. I feel bloated. I am still scheduled to get my hair done tomorrow despite not being quite at the 20lb. reward level. I'll just have a great weight loss next week. :) I REALLY REALLY need to start exercising...thank goodness my parents pool is ready....the temp. needs to warm up a bit though.

I saw my Rhueme again yesterday. She is convinced that I do have Sjogrens Syndrome, but not Lupus! HURRAY! This is the second doctor that has said this. I am going to MUSC soon. They will call me with the appointment. It looks like I may have another kidney biopsy done there. :( She also said that I do have a lot of inflammation some where according to my blood work. Probably kidneys! I really hope they are able to stop my stage IV CKD. The new pain meds she has me on work GREAT! I am not as achy and do not feel like a train has dragged me for miles. This makes me happy because I seem to have a little more energy for the boys and my family.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Vicky, I hear ya on the water retention! Just remember to keep drinking lots of water. What has helped me is that I've found a water bottle that I can easily drink lots from without realizing it.

My pool says it is 78 degrees in there right now...I'm not buying it! My brothers were crazy enough to get in it 2 weekends ago though!

Yay for no Lupus! (it stinks to have anything but at least it's something not as bad)

Chat with Kathleen said...

You will have to take a photo of your new do.
Congratulations on losing almost 20 pounds that is great progress, even though occasionally a pound is added, you know it will come off, because you are COMMITTED:)
What great news that you are feeling better and having more energy, the boys are going to enjoy their new energetic and thinner mommy.
Glad to hear the lupus is not part of your illness anymore. Hoorah!
So glad you went for that second opinion and found a really thorough and caring doctor who want to cure you.