Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Friday, May 23, 2008

THE GOOD AND THE BAD of my examination

Yesterday I had my 4 month doctor's exam and follow-up to the blood work done on 5-19-08. The GOOD news first was that he and I were delighted with the hemoglobin A1c It had gone from 7.3 down to a 7.0 and the reading yesterday for my sugar was only 101

For a diabetic a 7.0 indicates( well-controlled). Hooray

However the BAD news, after telling me the good news he said I see that you gained 1 pound and are having difficulty losing. I now know the reasonwhy, your blood work shows that you have a low thyroid level of 6.1 and that causes your body to slow down, have poor metabolism, have low energy and does not allow you to lose weight even if you ran a marathon. I definitely want YOU to begin this prescription for LEVOTHYROXIN, it will be like getting EXTRA caffeine. You will find that you have allot more energy and you will begin to lose the weight. I know you dislike take medications, but this one is a necessary one if you want to live. You cannot let your body run down, it eventually will affect your heart. WOW I DID NOT EXPECT THIS BLOW.

As to my asthma, since I do not want to give away buddy and I sleep in a bedroom with carpeting, he wants me to continue taking Singulair and Loratadine daily. He did give me a prescription for Albuterol for emergencies and Serevent discus (inhalation powder) for controlling the asthma. I will need all that energy to work more hours to make the money to pay for these medications.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Well....your appointments sound like mine. One minute is great news and the next is not-so-good. You will feel much better if they can get your thyroid working! I am on Ultram right now. Bascially it is used for moderate to severe pain. As a bonus it makes you have more energy and actually has been used as a anti-deppressant (sp). I can tell a huge difference when I do take it. (I don't have to take it everyday if I don't want to). I have a lot of acid and carbon dioxide in my blood which causes extreme fatigue. I was also told about the heart thing. We can beat these diseases!!! I will think of you during my prayers.

Chat with Kathleen said...

Thank you. You and your family are always in my daily prayers.
Life is full of detours and the unexpected surprises. We just need to remove the toxins that are in our bodies and we will be fine and healthy.