Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Monday, May 5, 2008

Can't blame it on the dog...

I wish I could. I am the only one to blame. I think McDonalds put a curse on me. I LOVE them....always have...always will!

Hi, my name is Vicky and I blew my diet this past weekend. It started with a double cheeseburger meal....ooohhh the french fries were so good and hot. I also had 2 birthday parties and 1 anniversary dinner to attend this past weekend. I'll spare you the details and get straight to the point....I gained 1.4 pounds. *sigh*

I am back on track today and hope by weigh-in wednesday to break even on the gain. I feel a little guilty....but it was soooooooooo worth it. Now, I need to get my mind off the cheeseburger and french fry thing.......what is that noise? I think my stomach is growling for it.....wish me luck to stay on track!

3 comments:

Chat with Kathleen said...

Occasionally you do go off and gain, but you have the committment and persistance to get back to your basics so you can reach your goal and maintain the desired healthy weight you want to achieve.
Events can tempt you to eat the unwanted food, but try to go for the fruits and veggies, avoid the deserts and bread, unless you go for a sliver and eat slowly.
CHEW CHEW CHEW
It is so difficult, I know, but our health is so important and worth the change of eating.
Keep up your persistence.
YOU WILL DO IT:)

What I try to do is not order the meal for me, but ask Mark or John to get an extra cheeseburger and share it with me. I usually have them cut me a small wedge like 1/4 and I take a few fries from their meals. This way I enjoy the craving that I wanted and keep the calories at a minimum.

Beth said...

Oh Vicky, I feel your pain about McDonalds! I posted about my trouble with the iced coffees....but every now and then the fries...and the cheeseburgers...they all get us!

The think I always have trouble with it the "it was just one meal I blew....no need to blow the whole day...pick back up and keep going"...no no, if I blow the meal, I personally want to just blow the whole day :-P

Give into that McD's voice every now and then...it just can't run your life :-) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Pooey! Everyone strays sometimes. You realized what happened and you're going to be a little more strict this week. You need to be able to enjoy something everyone once in a while, even it's a small thing of McDonald's french fries! I bet they were good though.