Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday!

OK...I am happy. After the badddddddd weekend splurge that left me 1.4 pounds higher...I officially lost that 1.4!!! Ironically, I didn't lose anymore than what I gained. BUT THIS IS OK. I feel like I am starting from a clean slate and last week was wiped out.

This week's challenges....definitely mother's day brunch at the Hilton. Luckily I don't really care for their "foo-foo" desserts. I do love their Yogurt and fresh fruit smoothies. BTW- did I mention it was an all you can eat buffet? I'm going to get what I want in moderation!

Also on a side note...I see a new Rhuematologist today! I am looking forward to the visit. I will be glad to get away from my last rhuemee...that's another blog, but all of you close to me know why I am switching doctors.

****UPDATE****
I really liked my new rhuemee doc. She had different blood tests drawn and made the comment about what she wanted to find out about these tests and "IF" I in fact had Lupus. She also suggested that I may be a good candidate for MUSC in Charleston to have "the experts" in her field as well as the nephrologists take a look at me. I go back on the 20th to discuss what she plans on doing with my silly self. She spent almost 2 hours with me and literally checked me out from head to toe. It wasn't the less than 5 minute appointments I am used to with my old rhuemee.

1 comment:

Chat with Kathleen said...

I am so glad that you found a really caring expert doctor in the field that you need. 2 hours that is unheard of by most doctors, she sounds very thorough and that she is going to get you the answers that you need by other experts, too.

BTW, I remember the Hilton that you took me to on Mother's Day 2006. That was a outstanding buffet with elegance. Those smoothies are delicious. My favorite was the mango pineapple. Wish I could be with you guys this year, too. There will be others.
Enjoy your Mother's Day with your sons and DH and with your mother and grandmother,too.