Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday!

What would you do for a Klondike bar????? Cheat on a diet? Kinda....but I thought I deserved a treat this past Sunday....unfortunately that jingle keeps playing over and over in my head!! ANNOYING!

I lost 1.8 pounds this past week. Hurray! This weekend may prove to be a challenge. My youngest son is turning 2 and we have a small birthday party planned. You know....cake and ice cream. I figured I could get 2 1/2 gallons of ice cream. One regular and one that is non fat or sugar free. The cake will have to be a small piece. We may grill out hamburgers and hot dogs too. I'll have to get turkey dogs with whole grain buns. I THINK I can make it work that I don't veer too much off the course! Jenny will be there with Suzi and her hubby. She only has a few more pounds to lose, but she'll help me keep on track! I am going to invite Kelly too. We can support each other!

I am hoping by next weekend I can get my manicure/pedicure treat for myself. That means I'd be at the 15lb mark for weight loss. Then it will be another 5lb goal until I can get my haircut. Woo-Hoo!

On a more serious note, many of you know that I have Lupus and Sjogren's syndrome. Lupus is still in remission...I think. The sjogren's is being a pain in the _SS!! Ironically, the Lupus is the worse of the two evils to have, but for me it is the Sjogrens! It keeps messing with my kidneys and I still am classified as having Chronic Kidney Disease Stage IV. My creatine went from 3.2 to 3.4 the past 6 weeks. My metabolic acid is less/bi-carb up...which is good. Doc said that they would like to see the bi-carb between 20-25. Mine is at 18. He diagnosed me with anmemia too. BUT...it has been borderline. If it is still low in 2 months when I see him next, he may put me on iron supplements of some sort. I see a new Rheumatologist May 7th. I am hoping she has a new perspective on things and I am looking for a second opinion. *sigh* I am not looking for a pity party......just keep me in your prayers! Thanks!
I found an interesting segment on treating and living with Lupus. It was on the news just last week.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yes, moderation is what I'm working on too. As in a *little* piece of cake, or bowl of ice cream. I think we discussed how having a little of this stuff in moderation can actually help you lose weight! Or I think it can anyway.