Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Up and Down like a YoYo Part II

Before I was married, I weighed my lowest as a young 23 year old adult female, I weighed 118 pounds, (size 9-10 petite) I was very active, dancing on weekends, teaching Mon-Fri 8-5pm (I worked extra hours before school and after school, tutoring, and helping my students to be studious and get the A's and B's they and their parents wanted.





These photos were taken before we were married at my Parent's 25th Surprise Anniversary Party at the Falstaff in Seekonk, Ma.

On June 28,1969 at 11:00am at St Francis Xavier Church in
East Providence, RI the wedding of Kathleen AnnMarie Pacheco and John William Corbett took place. We became Mr. & Mrs. John W. Corbett.

We lived in a Ferland Apartment at 80 Ashburne
Street in Pawtucket, RI. This is where we had our first child, John Michael Corbett on August 1, 1971
Our first home was purchase in November 1972
7 Mulberry Lane, Lincoln, RI. John Michael was 16 months old and I was working partime on my Masters.
I began selling Avon on November 28, 1972 because my husband had torn the cartilege of his knee and was unable to walk and needed therapy. A close friend, Gail Lacombe, told me that a great way to get some extra income was to sell Avon. This would allow me to continue my classes and spend time with my son going door to door meeting my new neighbors and getting customers and making some money. It was just before
Christmas and we had just moved into our new home. Timing was not the best, but we made out okay and I am still selling Avon, just made 35 years.
Getting ready to go Avon selling
By 1981, I was adding on the pounds, this photo
was taken in 1981 in my kitchen, weighing in at about 168.






When my sister Maureen Jean got married in 1981, I was gaining some more weight, at 170 size 16 gown. Mark Age is age 8 and John Michael is age 10 (I am age 37)
I
My 40th Birthday, 1984 weighing in at 175
John Michael is 13 and Mark Alan is 11
It is now 1996 and I am at a high of 180 It is my son Mark Alan's College Graduation University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
My yoyo up and downs continue, I lost a substantial amount of pounds for my First born's wedding in 2000. That shall be another blog as well as when I became determined to change by way of eating for a lifestyle change due to a diagnosis that was unexpected.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Thanks for sharing the memories. You have a lost a good bit since Mark's graduation. You watch what you eat and walk a good bit.