Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Thursday, April 3, 2008

April's Fool...I mean food log ;)

So, I think I need to write down what I am eating to be held accountable. I don't know if I will do this everyday, but I plan on just adding to this post for the rest of the month instead of creating a new one everyday. Make sense? Probably not...I am rambling. I also got a new weight watchers scale....it is digital. I am not too sure on how correct or precise it is. I will weigh myself one minute and it will tell me a number and less than a minute later it will tell me something different. Sometimes up to almost a pound different. Any suggestions or is this normal with a digital scale? It measures pounds and even gives you up to a .2 difference. I think I have lost almost another pound. HURRAY!

April 1st Mood-Positve
skipped breakfast- NOT GOOD...I KNOW!
1 serving of naked juice
1 nonfat blueberry pomegranite yogurt
1 banana
4 oz. beef stir fry w/ about a tbsp. of sauce
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
1 cup of rice
4 glasses of H20

April 2nd Mood-Tired and a bit hungry
3/4 cup Cinnamon honey bunches of oat
1/2 cup skim milk
1 apple
1 cup coffee
4 oz. Baked cod
1/2 stewed tomatoes and okra
3/4 bottle Sprite Zero
4 oz grilled chicken
1/2 cup green beans
2 croissants (weakness)
4 glasses of H20
shared an apple with my son before bedtime.

April 3rd Mood- HUNGRY, but positive!
8oz. glass of red grapefruit juice
3/4 cup Cinnamon honey bunches of oat
1/2 cup skim milk
1 small banana
1 chargrilled chicken salad with light raspberry vinegarette dressing
12 tortilla chips with salsa
1/2 chicken quesadilla with 1 tsp. of sour cream
1 diet coke
5 glasses of H20
1 pet light ice cream sandwich (140 calories..60% less fat...and yummy)

April 4th Mood- Suprisingly content and positive!
3 oz. grapefruit juice
1/2 cup total cereal with raisins
1/2 cup skim milk
1 Light fat free yogurt
1 cup coffee
Turkey and provolone sandwich on honey wheat (NO EXTRAS) :)
handful of pretzels
2 slices of ham & mushroom pizza
5 glasses H20
1 diet coke

April 5th Mood- happy it is saturday, but noticed I had a hard time NOT snacking!
2/3cup special K w/ strawberries
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 light ice cream sandwich
3-4oz beef tenderloin on bun
1 TBSP. barbecue sauce
2 baby pickles
1 serving baked lays
string cheese
Handful of grapes
4 glasses of H20

April 6th Mood- a bit guilty. I went to a baby shower and TRIED to be good!
Handful of grapes
1/2 chicken and cheese quesadilla
8 wheat thin crackers
2 Tbsp. of cheeseball
2 oz. of swiss cheese
1 cup of strawberries and pineapple
1 small chicken salad croissant
HERE GOES THE BAD THING....1 slice of this sinful chocolate cake with truffle in the middle. :(
1 bowl wonton soup
1/2 eggroll
3 crabmeat ragoons
6 glasses of H20 and NO SODA...hurray!

April 7th Mood-Tired, but I am looking forward weigh-in Wednesday
2 slices turkey bacon
2 slices whole wheat toast
1 pat of promise butter
1 large spinach and lettuce salad with little cheese
2 tbsp. balsamic vingarette
1 individual bag of pita chips with cinnamon
1/2 bottle sprite zero
1 open faced bun with small amount of sloppy joes
1 HUGE pickle
1 banana
6 glasses of H20

April 8th Mood Happy and Hungry
Nothing for breakfast....had to have bloodwork...drinking a H20 right now
6 inch turkey and cheese sub with tomato
1 bag baked lays
1 diet coke
4-5 oz. baked cod
1/2 cup cream spinach (the kind that is good for you)
1 light ice cream sandwich
handful grapes

April 9th Mood-Good!
wheat toast with egg beaters
slice of cheese
Turkey on wheat bread
sliced tomato
big salad with mandrian oranges and grilled citrus chicken
Fat free vinagerette
banana
small rice crispy treat
5 glasses H20

April 10 Mood- BUSY! BUSY!
2/3 cup honey bunches of oat
skim milk
3 soft chicken tacos with lettuce and tomato (should of only ate 2, but was hungry)
diet pepsi
1 grilled cheese on wheat
1 large pickle
2/3 cup chex mix (YUMMY)
4 glasses of H20

April 11th Mood- HAPPY....the scale finally budged a wee bit!!!
2/3 cup honey bunches of oat
skim milk
salad with grilled chicken. It had apples and cranberries in it.
1/2 cup strawberry ice cream
grahm cracker with peanut butter (snack attack)
2 slices of pizza
diet coke
3 glasses of H20 (need to boost this up!)

April 12th Mood- Worried/my baby is sick
no breakfast (BAD>>>BAD)
100 calorie rice crispie treat
Salmon Stew (hubby made with 2% milk)
5 saltine crackers
chicken cacciatore
4 H20
light ice cream sandwich

April 13th Mood- In a cleaning mood!
1 glass grapefruit juice
1 banana
slice of left over pizza
100 calorie rice crispy treat
california salad with grilled chicken (has strawberries, mandrian oranges, & pecans)
light greek vinegarette
2/3 cup chex mix
WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR A KLONDIKE BAR?4 H20(BAD)
diet orange soda

April 14th Mood- good and happy
1 cup honey bunches of oat
skim milk
1 coffee
2/3 cup chex mix
1 apple
3 small pancakes with sugar free syrup
a couple pats of smart balance butter
4 H20

April 15th Mood- not happy early in the day..
2/3 cup Honey bunches of oat
skim milk
coffee
turkey and cheese wrap with tomato
baked lays
8 wings....BAD BAD!
celery with blue cheese
4 H20
diet coke

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up. It's such a good thing to keep a food journal. I have read a lot of things and watched a lot of things where they suggest that above ALL else. Keep it up and WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING!

Chat with Kathleen said...

Victoria, you are doing tremendous. I praise your sincerity and committments, It is most difficult to lose weight and keep it off, but you are doing it correctly. Write down everything that goes into your mouth also add the amount of exercise you do as well. If your remember the weeks I spent with you, I wrote everything down. Your mood at the time you eat is so important. Think HAPPY thoughts, read something inspirational or take your CD and listen to peaceful tranquil music while walking. I listen to Andre Bocelli and Josh Groban, while I walk. Portion control is important, remember the small dishes I bought so I could eat small amount of cereal. Eating very slowing is so important, too. Remember me counting the chews, count to 25, this aggravated John Michael as well as my chewing sugar free gum. He said, I looked tough. (I am)HaHa

BTW, I am getting pictures so I can give the group by introduction, coming soon......

Vicky said...

Thanks guys!! Very good advice about writing down everything. Kathy- I actually have your voice in my head about eating slowly and small bites. I did that last night at out favorite mexican restaurant. :) I ate 1/2 of my meal...John was looking at me a little crazy, but he understood!

Jenny said...

Wow, I need to start doing this. I had been putting it off but it seems to be working so well for you! Also when you go out to eat you may want to ask for a take-home box right away and put half your meal in it before you start eating. I love take-out boxes anyway because it seems like a much better deal when you're paying ~$10 for two meals instead of one!