Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Monday, April 7, 2008

I finally broke down and...

Started making a list. I didn't want to do it, but then I thought about all the little things I pick up and eat during the day without even thinking. A cookie. Half a piece of bread Suzi didn't finish. A little bit of candy. It can get out of hand! So today I started with my cup and a half of coffee and wrote down everything. Here goes, if you really want to know:

1.5 cups of coffee with Splenda and skim milk (40)
1 bowl Organic Flax Plus cereal with skim milk (220)
1 yogurt cup (60)
1/2 cup of quinoa with 1/4 cup of cheese (420)
1 bowl of tomato soup with 1/4 cup of cheese (300)
1/2 of an English muffin (60)

And here's what I'm planning to eat for the rest of the night:
Another bowl of cereal, but a smaller one (180)
A couple of yummy walnut cookies (120?)
An orange (50)

That ends up being about 1450 calories (I guessed on some of these), which is weird because I actually need more than that. According to kellymom.com I need 1500-1800 because I'm breastfeeding. I don't feel hungry right now, and if I do I always get something to eat! Have I miscalculated something? If not I will probably be in need of a midnight snack in a few hours...

About my goals. I didn't put my feet on the pedals every night, but I've done better! Most days I either used my bike or took Suzi for a 15-20 minute, um, powerwalk? I try to walk fast and we have hills in the neighborhood so it's a little challenging. I am also trying to squeeze in a little DDR here and there even though I probably look like an idiot doing it. It's fun. I would never, ever do it if I didn't have my own PS version here at home.

I am now down to 138 though! Yay! And today, for the first time in years, I wore a skirt that only comes to above my knees. It felt weird but good.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Good for you! It helps to write down what you are eating. I noticed that I need to eat more fruits and vegetables right away. It may be boring to some people keeping a food log, but it gives me ideas on what I can eat that I havn't tried before.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Go Jenny! I'm very proud of how everyone is doing. Keep up the good work!

Vicky said...

DO you have DDR at home? I want! I want.....to look like an idiot. Sounds like my type of excersise!