Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

If I were 30 pounds lighter, I'd....

get these dresses! I was just looking for fun. I have a wedding in October in New Hampshire to attend. The wedding is semi-formal. They also said to be colorful...it is autumn. I translate that to no black please. *sigh* I told my DH he was buying me a couple new dresses since he gets to wear a tux.





These would be cute for the dinner rehearsal. I know it will be chilly, so I would need a wrap or cute overcoat. They are knee-length. Both are under $40.00. WOW! What do you think? Now for the wedding...





The first one is halter-top like....the reviews say that if you got the "bust" to fill this out, then it looks great. I don't have to worry about that department. LOL It also said it was good for an hourglass figure.......that will be me if I can get my waist to shrink! SHRINK WAIST...SHRINK! The last one comes in a deep violet/purple (not the pink color you see). I like the simplicity of it with the flower accent. Both lengths are to the calf and both of these are less than $80.00!! Bargin! The wedding and reception will be on a boat on Lake Winnipausake (spelled incorrectly). The boat will be heated and enclosed where the wedding and reception takes place, but if hubs and I want to take a romantic walk around the deck....I will need some sort of wrap or coat or shaw....any suggestions? I know I could pick a dress with sleeves, but I havn't seen any styles that don't look like a "church" dress or mother-of-the-bride looking!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

These are beautiful and I especially like the green one. I would wear a dress like that if I had the bust to fill it out, but sadly...

It would look good on you though! And you still have plenty of time to lose 30!

Anonymous said...

I love the pink, I better it's even prettier as dark purple. I know you'll get there so you better take a lot of pictures

Anonymous said...

i meant to say bet instead of better

Chat with Kathleen said...

Your selected choices are all beautiful and elegant for a wedding and will be becoming on you.
I think my favorite is the second blue one for the rehersal and the green one for the wedding, however once you try them on I'm sure you will feel which one is your favorite.
Definitely you will need a shawl or cape because October in New Hampshire on the water will be rather cool 50ish or lower.
Sounds like Doug has planned a great wedding having it on a boat.
Wow!
Definitely take many photos. You and John Michael will have a wonderful time and we will be having fun, too, enjoying Braydon and Nolan. We cannot wait.

Vicky said...

Thank you for your opinions! I probably will change my mind a dozen times between now and 30 pounds from now. LOL