Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What's going to work? Teamwork!


Thanks for inviting me to join your blog!! I really enjoyed reading about your life stories- esp Vicki b/c I already knew Jenny.
I just want to say Jenny, you're doing awesome! Keep on posting new ideas and things! It really helps to get some fresh ideas!

Also, Vicky, you look so gorgeous in your wedding picture and your picture with Nolen. I had no idea how much you have overcome. : )

Well, this is me:

I was thin in high school. I was a very active person I ran cross country and track and swam on the swim team from Feb-Aug. I also had several close friends who stuggled with anorexia and bulemia, one even resulting in hospitalization.

I was also under a lot of pressure to be thin and perfect.I had three best friends Anna, Amy, and Summer and between the three of them (not including me) there was a prom queen, a homecoming queen, a valedictorian, a class president, a state champion athlete, and a size d cup size with a 24 inch waist.

In college, I roomied with Summer and Anna. Despite their perfectness I was able to find my niche. I was a little edgy, a little promiscuous and a whole lot of eyeliner. Throw 6 piercings and a short lived stint of pink highlights and you can pretty much envision college Megs.

Anyways, I found the guys liked my corky laid back style and slim but womanly curves. I definitely did not have issues with my appearance.

Then came love, then came marriage, then came Aiden in a baby carriage.

I don't want to be this person I am right now, I don't feel like it's me. My insides do not match my outsides. I'd like to lose 20 lbs. I'm buying the quinoa, now what?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your posts! They are cute. I hope we can still go to Whole Foods today because it's supposed to be stormy. We may have to wait on that but y'all can still come over if you want. I even vacuumed so we won't have to wonder what the heck the kids are eating off the floor!

Vicky said...

Thanks for joining our group! I guess whether you have a few pounds or a ton of pounds to lose, we all feel the same way. My "lunchroom table" in high school consisted of the prom queen and her court, the homecoming queen, valevictorian, and the class president...not to mention a few cheerleaders! None were me. LOL I was the one who listened to everyone else's problems. I was on all the committees like homecoming...prom....etc. Always in the background. It wasn't bad, I think I had less pressure than all of them.