Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The green pants


I got this pair of green pants for Christmas from my in-laws, and they didn't fit. They are a medium which is something I hadn't worn for a while. But I liked them and I didn't want to take them back because I knew I was losing weight. I stuck them in the drawer with tags still on and the receipt folded up inside them, vowing that I would wear them one day. Every week or so I'd try them on, and every time they were a little closer to fitting, until... YES! They fit! I have been wearing the pants for several weeks and have been meaning to blog about it. It meant a lot to me when I could fit into them.

Actually, I'd suggest this for everyone losing weight. Look in your closet and find a pair of pants (or a shirt or a dress) that almost fits you but is a little too tight. When it does fit it makes you feel like you accomplished something. It also helps you not obsess over the weight # which can be deceiving sometimes, keeps you focused on what you're working towards, and gets the message to your brain that you are in better shape. That's something I've struggled with; I know I am in better shape but sometimes I don't feel like I am. You may think the scale is broken, but your pants don't lie!

I'm sad to say I backslid a little over the past week. I was snacky and didn't make the best choices. Didn't lose any more weight but didn't gain it back either.

My goals are to:
1) Sit on the exercise bike and put my feet on the pedals once a day
2) Lose a pound before my next post!!!

I wouldn't want to get overwhelmed. I already got on the bike tonight and put my feet on the pedals, and once I'd gone to all that trouble I thought, I could pedal a little while. I ended up doing it for about 12 minutes and burning 100 calories! Tomorrow I might try putting on some shoes and walking out the door, and see where that takes me.

Holding steady at 140... (for now!)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Great job! It always feels great to get into clothes that were previously too small :-) You're going to reach your goal in no time (just wait until you're chasing Suzi around the house!)

Vicky said...

Woohoo! Great idea. I will pick something out this weekend that I want to get back into.

Megan said...

Hey hot mama! Look at you! Woo hoo! Keep it up. The last 10 are the hardest, but you'll get there! I can't wait until we can lay out in the sun in our bathing suits together!

Megan said...

Ps- you "held steady" over Easter. Go you!