Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Six Month Adventure...

On April 1st...April fool's day...I will get serious about my weight loss goal. I feel like I have played around with this idea and I have lost a few pounds, but I KNOW I CAN DO BETTER! My husband and I will be going to a good friend's wedding in New Hampshire the beginning October. My husband gets to wear a tux being in the wedding party. I want 2 new dresses and I want them to be smaller! We will be making it a vacation and visiting my DH's family too. I haven't seen some of them since I was pregnant with Braydon.

Starting on April Fool's day sounds funny....but there is no joke here. I won't be the fool. I have approximately 28 weeks. I need to buy a scale for my house this weekend. (I banned them a few years back). I want to lose 1.5 pounds a week. That would make me be 42 pounds lighter. I need a little luck...a lot of prayers...and a ton of self-discipline and will power. Great support from this blog is a definite plus too!

5 comments:

Beth said...

1.5 lbs a week is definitely an attainable goal. It will just take a lot of hard work and being focused. You can do it! Have you ever tried Weight Watchers before? That's what I've been doing and I absolutely love it. I've done it a few times before and not been successful...mostly because I don't think I wanted it enough (if that makes sense).

Naked Juice is basically nothing except fruit juice. They don't put any additives....no hidden sugars or artificial sweeteners. Here is their website http://www.nakedjuice.com/#Homepage

They tell you all about what is in it...I bought mine at Whole Foods in Greenville and they list the closest place to me as Clemson Bi-Lo as having it....although they DIDN'T list that Whole Foods had it and they did. I'd check around to different stores if you're interested. It's in the cold section...probably with the orange juices...

Beth said...

Update! I went to the Bi-Lo in Pendleton today and they do have Naked Juice so I'm going to assume the Anderson locations have it too. It's actually on sale right now- 2 for $5. They are in the produce section where they have specialty juice and drinks.

Megan said...

Even if you lost 1 pound a week- girl that's 30 pounds!! Just getting to where you can say "wow I feel healthier" will be enough to make you feel beautiful. And giving up soda is a good step! Go Vicky! Have you tried Lipton Diet green tea to go? Yum.

Megan said...

Oh lord honey, if you could call only be a fly on my block while I am "running". Like i said- its more like clomping. Ha. Well if you are looking for Naked juice, i saw some at Sam's yesterday. i dont know if you have a membership there but I would be happy to pick you up a pack and give it to jenny to being you. : )

Megan said...

Oh lord honey, if you could call only be a fly on my block while I am "running". Like i said- its more like clomping. Ha. Well if you are looking for Naked juice, i saw some at Sam's yesterday. i dont know if you have a membership there but I would be happy to pick you up a pack and give it to jenny to being you. : )