Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Monday, July 14, 2008

Am I done?

Okay, I know my goal was 130. I made that goal when I was just starting out because I estimated I would be happy with my body once I reached that weight, but to tell the truth it was arbitrary. It was a round number. I am teetering around 135 right now, and I can wear a size 8 or 10 pants. I'm pretty happy! My question is, is it cheaping out to throw in the towel?

I'm thinking of forgetting about that number goal and making new practical goals. You see, Jordan and I do not eat so healthy and don't get much exercise. We were bad this weekend, eating cake, ice cream (well it was my birthday) and even stopping at McD's! However, we also got a lot of exercise from walking around at the games.

I'd like to start working exercise into our lives and making it a family habit, starting small and building on it so we don't get burned out. So I will make a new goal right now: Instead of camping out in front of the TV every evening, I will ask Jordan and Suzi to take a short walk with me. To start out, let's say at least twice this week. I'll let you know how I did.

After I conquer that, I'll start on healthier eating.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

No.....maybe as far your weight. Now you have new goals for yourself! Congrats on the weight loss part. I am holding steady at around 22 lbs. lost....I need to get back in gear.

Anonymous said...

I think you've reached your goal, when you can look in the mirror everyday and say to yourself,"I like what I see. I truly like myself!" That is the ultimate win! I think you look great, Vicky also. I think walking every night would be wonderful...I think it will show Suzi that you should be active and you can be active with your family. Good luck!

Beth said...

As long as you are happy where you're at, and your clothes fit, then that is all that matters! Forget what the scale says (unless of course you start to not fit in your clothes!) You guys have a great neighborhood for walking in...take advantage of that :-)