Vicky's Progress

Kelly's Progress

Kathleen's Progress

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Details about workout

Upon Jenny's request....I am answering her question on what I did during my first workout session with Travis at Lifechoice. :)

Travis first set me at a desk and asked a bit about medical history and what goals I had in mind. Like how much weight I want to lose and why. Of Course...I have the upcoming kidney transplant hopefully. MUSC wants me to lose at least 15 pounds before the surgery. I also had to sign a paper stating that when he pushed me hard that I don't call him names or hit him! Poor guy...I wonder if that has happened to him? I told him that I was stubborn and need someone to push me!

We then did the dreaded weight check, took my resting heart rate, oxygen level, and blood pressure. He showed me where my chart was so I can help keep up with everything I do at each workout. I started by warming up walking 3 laps around the inside lap, then it was cardio time!

I did 4 min. on a stair-like climber, 4 min. on a bike, 6 min. on a treadmill, 4 min. on a arm-like bike wheel thingy, and then......the killer.....
2 1/2 min on this glider thing that makes it seem like you are cross country skiing. Then about 6 laps around the track again to cool down. It doesn't seem like much on paper, but it was! My legs ached bad yesterday. They have cups and an ice machine with water....which is nice. My heart rate after the exercise was 149....which Travis said was perfect. He knew it was a good workout for me! You also have to rate your workout on a scale of like 1-20 on how hard you worked.

I like the many Flat screen TVs...Travis puts it on comedies. We watched an Everybody Loves Raymond rerun. Melanie came along too. It was fun. I can't wait for Kelly to start. It is hard, but worth it! I wish Jenny and Beth could join too!

I want to do the yoga class, but I am going to have to wait until next time it comes around. I will miss 3 of the 8 classes if I take it this time. I just don't want to miss that many.

Is it possible the queen of hating to excercise will like it???? Tune in to find out!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Aww, I hate that you're going to miss yoga! I didn't think about you being gone for a couple of the classes in October. I do want to join the gym, but I don't know how my mom would feel about me being gone for an extra 30-45 minutes! Also, can I get the same deal as you and will Travis help me since I am not full-time? If you think about it would you mind asking him? I really don't mind exercising in itself, but I just don't know where to start!

Vicky said...

Yeah, I'll ask him. I was ok with missing 1 or even 2 classes....but 3 classes is a little much. :(

Chat with Kathleen said...

Sound like Travis is a great personal coach.
It is a great accomplishment just to begin an exercise program, now the clincher is to stay committed. I know you will do it:)

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you Vicky. I know you can do it, and I can't wait until I get to start! It's going to be a blast.

Beth said...

Sounds like you're on the right track! I love my personal trainer...it really helps to have someone to guide you on what to do....because the gym can be a very intimidating place! Keep up the good work! :-)